Friday 17 January 2014

#34 Summertime Sadness


Good evening guys, I hope you've all had a good week! 

Today I'm going to share my opinion on two Marks and Spencer lipsticks with you. I bought both of these during the summer as I felt like I wanted to invest in something to give my make up an extra pop of colour. I can't completely remember how much these were each but I don't think they were too expensive. 


When I first picked them up I was amazed by the packaging, and who isn't drawn in by nice packaging? In order to open these lipsticks you press the bottom (where the shade is shown) and it then pops out so you can pull it out of the lid, exciting I know. 


All excitement aside, sadly I'm not all that impressed with either of these products. I can't fault the shades - Raspberry (the pink shade) is very pigmented when applied, however the Wild Geranium (the coral shade) lacks the same coverage. Furthermore their staying power is nothing to rave about. Obviously it depends what you are doing (eating/drinking), but for me I found that within about 30 minutes the colour had basically disappeared. 

After being wowed by the packaging I was quite disappointed by these purchases and wouldn'trecommend them if you are looking for lasting colour. 

I'll be back next Friday ready to talk hair. See you then. 

Becmo xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment