Tuesday 31 July 2012

#2 Job hunting and Fieldview

Helloooooo there

For the past five days I've been staying in my new house and I cannot explain how much I love it here! 

On Thursday my wonderful grandparents drove myself, my mummy and my brother down to Southampton so we could decorate. I was getting excited about painting but in the end I left it to my mum and granddad (which was probably for the best) as the rest of us just seemed to be getting in the way... I am SO happy with how it turned out and after staying here a few nights I feel nice and settled! 

The first few nights my housemates and I convinced ourselves that our house was haunted. When it came to walking down the corridor when it was dark I was petrified! However, since then we have learnt to man up, get over it and move on! Haha. 

Today Mark and I spent a grueling three and a half hours traipsing around Southampton high street in desperate search of jobs. A lot of places prefer you to apply online now but luckily there were a few places that accepted our CVs (lets hope they didn't just throw them away.. you never know..). So fingers crossed somewhere will get back to me soon! I've been lucky enough to avoid having a job up until now but as I am now 19 and living away from home, MAYBE it's about time I changed that! The thought of working actually excites me a little and the money wouldn't go a miss! I am sure that my views on this (well the first part) will change if anyone decides to employ me!



Tomorrow Mark and Natalie are joining me in returning to my hometown. This will be the first time that Nat will have come to mine and I am very excited for her to meet everyone properly! We will all be attending Fieldview Festival - a small festival held in a local village which is run by my friend, Shannon's family. This will be my second year at Fieldview and I cannot contain my excitement! The way that the festival is constructed is so pretty and cute. The signs used etc are all hand painted/made and there is a very friendly, comfortable atmosphere that you can't not enjoy. Last year Ben Howard performed there which was AMAZING, however many acts are smaller, more local artists that know how to work a crowd. There are many acts that I am looking forward to seeing this weekend Lucy Rose, The Icarus Youth and Josh Kumra are a small few (I would be here for hours if I was to list them all!). I will be sure to update my blog with a lot more information about my time this weekend at some point next week (before I hopefully jet off to Italy!). 

Anyway, I MUST try and get some shut eye - my alarm is due to wake me up in seven hours and anyone who knows me will know I am definitely not a morning person! 

Becmo xo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment