Wednesday 30 January 2013

#23 Recent Purchases

HOLA

This weekend I ventured into town with Sophie with the aim of doing some work in Starbucks. Although we did manage to get this work done, we did also get a little sidetracked by the shops...


Although I do love my Clinique foundation, I wanted to purchase a cheaper one for those days when I'm not really doing a lot and don't want to use an expensive foundation. As I had a No.7 voucher I decided to have a little look through what they have on offer. I was so impressed with their 'Foundation Match Made Service'. They use a device to take two photographs of two ares of your face, which then suggests the perfect foundation shade for your skin tone. It was so quick and easy to do and the match was perfect. The foundation I initially considered purchasing (No.7 Instant Radiance) was sold out in my shade, so I purchased their Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation in shade Cool Ivory. I've used it a couple of times since and I'm really impressed with it! The texture is quite think and gives good coverage when built up. It leaves the skin looking radiant which I much prefer rather than a matte finish. Best of all, it lasts. I went to London yesterday and didn't touch up my foundation once despite having applied it ridonkulously early, and rushing around everywhere. So I am very impressed and think I will be using it more regularly than first planned. 

I also picked up this soft, peachy blusher from Boots. I like the No.17 blushes as they are very pigmented so you don't need a lot of product, and they are so affordable. However the colour range on offer isn't very vast. 

I envy anyone who has nice, pearly white nashers - so I decided to invest in some teeth whitener. I am yet to try this product, however will review it once I've had time to test it out. I hope that it does make a difference but I am always a bit sceptical about products like this.

This (Collection 2000) concealer is amazing. I never used to care much about concealers - at least I didn't think I did. However on a night out last weekend I lost mine (for the second time in two weeks, hopefully I've learnt my lesson now) and I was hating my make-up routine without it. I find that this concealer does need a couple of coats in order to give good coverage, but it gives a really nice illuminated finish. I use this as a highlighter as well as to cover any redness/spots. 

So that is all for now. I am FINALLY getting my haircut tomorrow (it's been six months since I last went to a hairdressers which is awful) and am dreading how much they are going to have to cut off - although it will be SO nice to have fresh ends once more! 

Becmo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment