Thursday 21 March 2013

#24 Clinique's 3-step skin care

Helllllllllllo

AGAIN it has taken me SO long to get round to writing a new post. I have so much I want to write about too! I think I'll do a few separate posts though so I don't go into blog OVERLOAD and you don't have stupid amounts to read through! 

A few weeks ago (probably more like a couple of months ago actually) I bought some small samples of Clinique's 3 step plan after a consultation with one of the women working at the counter. I thought that I had quite oily skin, however she pointed out that I actually have quite a few dry patches, which obviously weren't a fan of my previous skin care routine.

My Mum uses Clinique and has for years, but I wasn't sure if it'd be worth the price or not. BUT I was actually really happy with the results! I've definitely found that my completion is a lot clearer, and my skin tone more even. The biggest change though has been to the smoothness of my skin. I am in LOVE with this moisturizer. It is the most expensive of all three products, however I would definitely repurchase it. The only product I wasn't too keen on was step 2, the clarifying lotion. I found that it dried my skin out quite a lot, so I haven't used it too much. I didn't buy that in the full size when I went back a few weeks after as I hadn't finished with the previous bottle. I've now started using it less regularly to see if it helps, and I have found that my skin hasn't dried out this time, but I'm still not sure whether I am sold on it or not.


I also purchased Clinique's super-balanced foundation in shade alabaster. At first I really loved this foundation and I am now onto my second bottle. More recently though I haven't been such a fan. I feel as though it sits on the surface of my skin a little too much, rather than blending in. Saying this though other times I really enjoy wearing it. It definitely gives a much better finish on days when my skin isn't too dry. It has medium coverage but can easily be built up, and the colour is really nice. I really like the finish too, I feel as though it highlights the right areas of my face, and leaves a nice glowy finish. This foundation is also meant to work with the natural colours of your skin tone and to give a more balanced overall tone once used (hence it's name) which it does do, which is always a good thing! However, I'm not to fond of the fact that it doesn't have a pump (which goes the same for the moisturizer) as it is a bit annoying when you're trying to get the right amount of product out of the pot, and particularly hard when there is little product left...

Luckily when I went to purchase these products in full size there was a free gift promotion. Being an idiot I've left most of the items at uni so I will have to write about them when I get back in a couple of weeks. I have used the lip balm/stick/shine a lot though, as well as the blusher and mascara, but more of that later.

SO YEAH if you haven't given Clinique a go I really recommend it! Every time that I have been the women have been so lovely at the counter too which is a bonus. 

Becmo xo

2 comments:

  1. I've used all these products and lovelovelove them, how nice is the moisturiser?!! Clinique is always my go to brand for skincare etc :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moisturiser is SO good! I'm still not sure whether I am keen on the clarifying lotion though! xx

      Delete