Saturday 23 March 2013

#25 Travel Essentials


Afternooooon

Today I am going to share with you my 'Travel Essentials' as I am heading off to Champagny tomorrow with the family. We often drive when we are holidaying in France and it is one bloody long drive. I must admit though, it can be quite nice as we get to see areas of the country that we wouldn't if we were to fly. 



So here are my essentials when it comes to travelling (from left to right):

1.  I definitely need to start moisturizing my hands a lot more than I already do, as usually the only time they get any is when I'm moisturizing other parts of my body. When I'm bored on long journeys I'm always looking for something to do (if I'm not sleeping) and whacking a bit of moisturizer out usually makes me feel a lot fresher and GOOD for actually showing my hands some lovin'. 

2. I am usually a bit of a sleeper when it comes to travelling, which means I am never looking my best if we ever stop at a service station for food etc. SO (although I do usually have a small make up bag in my handbag), Collection 2000's Illuminating Touch Concealer is key product for me. It's perfect at giving your skin a little bit of radiance and making you look more awake before you leave the 'comfort' of your car to face people in the real world.

3. When I'm not wearing lipstick I can't get enough of  lip balm, especially when I'm sat around not really doing anything too exciting for hours on end. This lip balm is from Primark (but don't let that put you off), it's quite thick which I really like and also has a slight pinkish tone to it. The thick texture means the product is really moisturizing, and the colour is also nice as again, it makes you feel more alive and awake. The one thing I would say about this though, is that it doesn't really smell like cherry as the package suggests, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about it. 

4. Now I know some people aren't keen on reading whilst in a car, which I can relate too. However sometimes I don't find it too bad in short periods and it's definitely a good way to distract yourself from counting down the minutes. I feel like I never have enough time to read whilst I'm living normal everyday life, so I like to make the most of my free time whilst on holiday. 

5.  Perfume is a must for me on a long drive and Cinema smells AMAZING. If you haven't tried it you NEED to get  your hands on it and I am sure that you will just fall in love. 

6. And who can last a long journey without a bit of music? I would be lost without my iPhone/iPod and oh so booooreeed. I usually spend most car journeys listening to my music, so it would feel like the end of the world for me if I forgot my headphones or something STUPID.

ALSO:  FINALLY as I have mentioned already, I like to sleep a lot during car journeys SO I usually like to bring a pillow/cushion and a blanket along with me for the ride, so that I can at least try and get comfortable! 

So that is all for now, hopefully I'll have internet whilst I am away so if I have time I can get some posts in about snow, snowboarding and what a (hopefully) wonderful time I am having! 

Becmo xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment