Wednesday 3 April 2013

#26 My Easter Holidays (so far)

BONJOUR 

I just thought I'd fill you all in on what I've been up to lately. 

I broke up from uni for Easter a few weeks ago, so it's been really nice to spend some time at home with my family. Usually when I'm home I'm here, there and everywhere catching up with people, but to be honest I've been quite lazy since I've been back this time. I spent the first three days sorting out all of my music on my computer. It might not sound like a big task, but it took me flippin' AGES. I feel SO much better for doing it though and am LOVING that my iTunes is now all pretty and neat, YAY! I also found some absolute GEMS that I had forgotten about whilst they were hidden within the muddle that was my iTunes. Songs that I've particularly been enjoying are: Twice - Little Dragon, Arctic Monkeys - Baby I'm Yours and Mystery Jets (just in general).

My time at home got a little more exciting when my parents, brother and I went to Champagney en Vanoise for a 'skiing' holiday. When we first arrived it was quite foggy, however we hit the slopes anyway but (as you'll see from these photos) you literally couldn't see a thing so it just wasn't enjoyable. We also had some issues with the car thanks to an overly large speed bump, so that also interfered with skiing. So in the end, it wasn't really a 'skiing' holiday at all! Haha. It was still nice to go away somewhere though, and mum and I went to the pool a couple of times which was nice. 


So this is the fog we were faced with when we first arrived, and what the visibility was like on the slopes... BOOHOO.


Then of course, as soon as we had car troubles the sun decides to shine... These first two photos are taken from a walk Doug and I went on. The others are of the final day when we were leaving.


Doug and I before dinner on our final night.
What I wore to travel home. 

We also stopped in Vimy on the way home and visited the Canadian War Memorial there. I'm a sucker for anything history/war related so I was loving life. We visited the memorial first (which was originally built in 1936 I believe, but has recently been restored in 2007 or something like that) THEN by chance we ended up having a tour of the underground tunnels, and trenches (of both the Germans and Canadians). Some people probably find this stuff so boring, but it was so interesting seeing what it was all like. It's also SO strange to think that a place which was so peaceful was once a battlefield... BASICALLY IT WAS JUST SO GOOD AND I LOVED IT AND YEAH. 

Here are some shots taken from the Canadian War Memorial... 


FINALLY I couldn't leave France without stocking up on La Roche-Posay Solution Micellaire Physiologique (as it's so cheap compared to UK prices and I love it) and having a look at other skincare products. I'll do a post on what I bought whilst I was away later in the week - so keep your eyes peeled. 

Sorry for the information overload! 

Feel free to follow me on twitter/instagram @becamorton for more EXCITING stuff.

I'll be back soooooon. 

Becmo xo

1 comment:

  1. I love your piccsss :) The war memorial is beautiful! I get your wierd excitement btw ;) I love a bit of history (takes me back to history at school)
    Love you xx

    ReplyDelete