Saturday 13 April 2013

#28 French Goodies

Afternoon alllll

As you all know I recently went to France with my family on holiday, and I said I would share what I bought whilst I was there with you all. I didn't get much at all really, I was hoping that there would be more small shops selling cute little things on the mountain but OH WELL. HERE GOES...

Firstly, I bought this jar from a small shop in the town we were staying in.




I have been looking for a jar/pot with the intention to use as a 'Memory Jar' (which I mentioned in my New Year Resolutions post a few months back). However I may end up giving it a completely different use WE'LL SEE. Originally I was just looking for a pretty boring jar, similar to what some of you may have as a biscuit jar or something at home. So I'm glad that I came across this gem as the lid has lovely detail, and the ridges in the glass also add character to it. I also like that it's something that no one I know is likely to own, so it's quite unique. 

I also had a look at some skincare products whilst we stopped off in Cite Europe. Since purchasing La Roche Posay's Solution Micellaire Physiologique back in the summer whilst in France I've fallen in love with it. When I bought it in Agde (France) it was 9euros for a 200ml bottle, here in England it is £11 for a 100ml bottle... I managed to pick these two up for 22euros (or thereabouts) which is SUCH a good deal in comparison to what you can get for that in England. When I first used this cleanser I was a little skeptical as I felt that I broke out a bit after using it. However now it is a product that is constant within my daily skincare routine. It is amazing at removing all traces of dirt/make up on the skin. It does have a scent to it (which I think is quite nice) but the product is still very gentle on the skin. I definitely recommend you give this product a go and if you do break out after using it, stick it out as it's definitely worth it! 


I also picked out the Uriage Aqua Precis and Bioderma Moisturizing Mask as I wanted to try out some new products. Due to the horrible weather and cold temperatures at the moment, my skin has definitely become a lot drier. Therefore I felt that these products were perfect to try out! 

I used the Uriage moisturizer first. I used it for a few days before I went to bed, however I did find that my skin did break out a little once using it. ALTHOUGH I am not sure if this is down to the Bioderma mask also... The texture of this moisturizer is quite thick and does feel very nourishing whilst being applied. It also has a lovely scent to it. I've stopped using the Uriage moisturizer at the moment though so I can decide which of the two is causing me to break out, but I will reintroduce it into my routine soon and see what I think. As I said about the La Roche Posay product, sometimes it takes a while for the skin to get used to something new. 

I've used the Bioderma mask twice so far. The first time I wasn't particularly wowed by the product. However the second time I used the mask my skin was left a lot smoother than the first (the label does say to use it everyday for the first week, which I must admit I haven't stuck too). The texture of the mask wasn't how I was expecting it to be. It is basically just moisturizer which you apply in a thick layer to the skin, leave for 10 minutes, and then remove any excess product with a cotton pad. When I have used it most solution has sunk into my skin and not much has needed to be removed. 

I'm not too sure how I feel about either of these products as of yet, but hopefully my skin will learn to love them soon and it'll be bye bye dry skin. 

Thanks for reading! I stocked up on some new items (mostly accessories) yesterday so may post about them soon! 

Becmo xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment