Monday 26 May 2014

#42 The Fantastic Four


Afternoon! 

Two posts in two days, wild I know. Now that my degree is well and truly over *cry cry* I've got a lot more free time to put together all these posts I've been saving for the past couple of months. Today I will be talking lips in the form of MAC Lipsticks. I have a tiny tiny collection compared to a lot of people but I am sure that it will expand slowly but surely.

Lets get down to business... 


These are my current babies (Shy Girl, Brave, Dubonnet and Diva) aren't they beautiful?
You'll have to excuse the state of 'Diva', the lip brush has taken a particular liking to that one.

1. Shy Girl   2. Brave   3. Dubonnet   4. Diva

1. Shy Girl (Cremesheen)
I'm a big fan of lipstick and feel bare when I don't have any on, so this shade is perfect for a natural looking pout. This shade appears quite peachy in these photos but when applied to the lip it is a very translucent nude. It's formula (cremesheen) is very smooth and dewy so it doesn't dry lips, but it does mean that it doesn't have the greatest lasting power. Another slight downfall for the product is that it can cling to any dry patches on the lips, so make sure you give them a good scrub and some loving before applying it. I usually wear this shade with a smokey eye and peachy cheeks. Oh, that reminds me, as I am naturally very pale it was hard to find a shade that wouldn't wash me out, but this works wonders. So for any fellow pale girls out there, this is for you.

2. Brave (Satin)
 Whilst on the hunt for the perfect nude I also came across this beauty. This shade is just so bloody pretty. I wouldn't say it's as pink as the image above might suggest but it's not far off. When it's applied to the lips it gives a lovely fresh, pretty finish to any look. It's perfect for summer and can be worn with both light or heavy eye make up- seriously whats not to like? Although I am usually a bold lip lover, this shade has stolen my heart a little.

3. Dubonnet (Amplified Creme)
Now onto my much loved bold shades. If you're looking for a deep, wine inspired colour then this is the one for you. I tend to use a lip brush to apply this one so that I can build up the shade depending on how dark I want it, saying that it looks great applied straight from the tube also. This product has great lasting power and the formula ensures that it doesn't dry out lips either, bonus. My favourite way to wear this is with winged liner and a fresh, dewy complexion as it reall`y makes the colour pop. 

4. Diva (Matte)
Last but not least is another bold shade, similar to Dubonnet but slightly darker with a different finish. Diva has a matte finish, so it's important to scrub lips beforehand and then I find it best to apply the product with a lip brush (hence all the messy marks oops). Because of it's finish, this product can be quite drying on the lips but if lips are prepared well it gives an amazing finish that lasts for hours. Matte lips always make a statement to any make up look, which is what I particularly love about this product. Typically suited for winter, this shade can look great during the summer alongside a dewy complexion and minimal eye make up. The other great thing about a matte finish is that you can leave it as it is, or top it off with a lipgloss to transform it completely giving you the best of both worlds.

So that's it! I love hearing about people's lip collections so I hope you enjoyed this post. What is your favourite lip colour?

I'll be back soon! 

Becmo xo 





3 comments:

  1. I want them all <3

    Al xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a MAC lippy, really want to though! Dubonnet is my fave shade here, it's gorgeous x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete