Friday 30 May 2014

#43 The Perfect Pout


Hello!

Today I'm talking lips (again) although this time it's all about the preparation. As you may well know by now, I am forever reaching for the lipstick so it's important that I give my lips lots of loving. I don't usually have dry lips, especially once winter is out the way but recently they've taken a turn for the worst. I'm not sure what's caused it but my lips and the area just below are so sore! So, I've been using my LUSH lip scrub and NUXE lip balm religiously and I've really noticed a difference.



At £5.50 this scrub works wonders without breaking the bank. I also have this scrub in bubblegum which tastes soooo good- not that they were made for eating... In the morning I prefer to use these scrubs before I cleanse and in the evening once I've taken my make up off and again, before I cleanse. Although I think this scrub works wonders, I don't really like getting it on my skin as I feel like the sugar ain't gonna' do no good, although it's most probably fine!


Once I've finished scrubbing away I've been using this beauty. At £9.50 it's slightly more expensive but it's still not too unreasonable for something that works so well. As you can tell from the image above I've really been going for it with this one, it literally works wonders. It feels stickier than a cream or typical balm and has quite a thick consistency which I didn't expect to be honest, but it feels so nourishing on the lips. I usually use this just before I get into bed or whilst I am doing my hair or make up before I get to the lips.

As a combination these two work so well with each other, I seriously cannot get enough of the lip balm, it's heavenly. As the actual skin below my lip has also been bad I've also invested in some antiseptic cream, but my lips themselves are feeling so much better!

What are your go to products for your lips?

Becmo xo 



(Excuse the quality of these photos, for some reason they look so dark on here in comparison to iPhoto and I couldn't fix it!)

3 comments:

  1. Awwwh I love the Lush popcorn lip scrub! I just want to eat the tub it tastes so good hahah.. I've never tried the Reve de Miel lip balm and you've just convinced me I need it! I have a huge stash of lip balms I'm not particularly wow'ed by so I really need to use some up before I can buy another :(!
    You're pictures are beautiful by the way, I love how clear and fresh they look! Kudos ^_^

    Jessie.xx | www.paintbynumbers.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you try it let me know what you think, I've recently had to purchase a new tub as I've been reaching for it so much!

      Delete
  2. I've never bought a lip scrub before. I usually just make my own. But I will have to definitely checked this out now! -- Lindsey xx

    http://touchedbythesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete