Wednesday 2 July 2014

#45 The Ultimate Bold Lip


Hello!

Today I am back on the topic of lips (I didn't realise how much I had to say about them). I think I've made it pretty clear that I adore a statement lip, so I thought that it's about time that I share my ultimate go-to bold lipstick- Max Factor's Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday (£7.99 from boots - there is also an opportunity to bag yourself a free gift at the moment too- bonus!).


3 years ago I was never brave enough to reach for a bright/bold lip colour but now it seems to be all I care about when applying my makeup! Roughly 2 years ago I decided to take the plunge and give my face that pop of colour that I am now obsessed with. Being at uni it's easy to try new styles and products as you're away from those who you are used to being around. I'm pretty sure that this lipstick was one of my first 'brave' purchases- I hit the jackpot early, since then I think I've repurchased this item 2/3 times as I literally wear it most days. It is such a beautiful shade of red, bright, rich and warming to my complexion, I can't not love it! It has great staying power however the overall finish and longevity is obviously increased with the use of a lipliner. I find that No.7's Precision Lip Pencil in Fire is a great match and affordable too at only £6.75. I usually wear this lipstick with a neutral eye/winged liner and apply a lip pencil over the entire lip for full coverage. Although I don't tend to wear lip glosses, applying a red or clear gloss after application helps accentuate lips even further. 

I hope you've enjoyed this post and I highly recommend this beautiful lipstick! Also, don't forget to be brave! It can be a bit daunting to sport dark eyes or a bold lip if you and those around you aren't used to it but it try it and you might never look back. 

Speak soon, 

Becmo 
xo

2 comments:

  1. So glad I came across your blog - it's lovely! Love this shade too :)

    astyleshake.blogspot.co.uk

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it, it's always nice to know that someone is reading! haha xx

      Delete