Saturday 5 July 2014

#46 Natural Beauty

Hello again! 

I've recently returned home after spending three absolutely amazing years at university in Southampton, bringing countless bags of 'stuff' back with me. I literally cannot get over how much stuff I have accumulated whilst I've been away! Everything was shoved into my brothers room (as he is away at university) and left for me to sort out now that I have nothing to do with my days. So, that's all I've been doing this week which means I have not left the house once and am beginning to get very bored. Although I have a weird love for organising my room over and over, when I HAVE to do it it gets a little tedious. 

Get to the point Bec...

I gave my skin a breather, treating it to a few makeup free days earlier this week, but as the week has gone on I haven't been able to resist the temptation of reaching for the makeup. As I haven't actually been leaving the house I've felt that I can experiment with looks that I don't usually go for. Yesterday I decided to create a "not wearing any makeup" makeup look. 


The key to making this look work is making sure that your complexion looks flawless yet natural. I am still trying to master the "dewy glow" that everyone craves but I'm getting there. 

I am without camera at the moment *cry cry* so have had to use my phone for the photos, hence the poor quality- sorry! 


The Base
I started with Loreal Paris' Lumi Magique pure light primer which is meant to help provide a luminous finish to your complexion and although it is okay, I'm not blown away by this product. For the base I used my beloved Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Warm Ivory No.1 using the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Warm Ivory No.1 for extra coverage where needed. I also used Collection Cosmetic's Illuminating Touch Concealer under my eyes to brighten them and get rid of any dark bags. As you can tell by the photo, this is a product that has received a lot of love.

For the cheeks I chose Clarins Multi-Blush in Peach (01)which is a pretty, coral shade. I'm not the best at applying cream blush but it's something I really want to work on as they can looks so pretty and natural. I'm definitely trying to take advantage of the fact that I am not seeing anyone to try and work on new things! To complete the base I dusted The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte (02) over my forehead, cheeks and jawline to warm up my complexion a little.


The Eyes
I wanted to use a neutral, barely noticeable yet warming shade on the eyes so opted for The Body Shop's Colour Crush Eyeshadow in Caramel Flirt (205). I covered the entire eyelid using a Real Techniques base shadow brush and blended it with a Real Techniques deluxe crease brush. Once I'd finished with the shadow I used a brown eyeliner (which has miraculously disappeared, hence it's absence from the photo) along the lash line and blended out with a Real Techniques brow brush. To complete the eyes I used Clinique's High Impact Mascara ensuring that the product wasn't applied too thick, keeping with the natural look. Although I used a black mascara, brown would also be suitable for this look. For the eyebrows I lightly filled in any sparse areas with another Colour Crush Eyeshadow, Coconuts About You (215) also using the Real Techniques brow brush. 


The Lips
Finally (on to my favourites) I decided to use MAC's Shy Girl on my lips.


This look is great, particularly for summer as it is very fresh and easily adaptable. Opting for a darker shade on the eyes or a brighter/bolder lip can completely transform this look, making it perfect for a day to night option too! I would definitely suggest that anyone who is at school, or attending interviews etc opts for a subtle look such as this, as it's "natural" looking and easy to maintain.

And breathe!

I wasn't expecting this to go on for so long! I hope you've enjoyed it, if any of you have any tips on the "dewy complexion" or applying creme blush send them my way! 

Until next time, 

Becmo 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment