Saturday 6 September 2014

#64 A Family Trip to Argegno



As many of you may know, particularly if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, I recently went away with my family for two weeks to Argegno, Italy. As I had a job whilst at university I didn't manage to come home for long periods of time so I hadn't been able to spend loads of time with them in one go until now. It was such a lovely holiday and (as you can see) the views were incredible, wherever you went on the lake (Lake Como) the views took your breath away.

As well as exploring what the lake had to offer we also took at trip to Switzerland one day which was nice. We hired a speedboat on one of the nicer days (the weather was a bit temperamental - a lot like England really!) and had a sneak peak at one of George Clooney's so say holiday homes. As well as the speedboat we also hired out a peddle boat one day, as lets face it, nothing beats watching your mum panic that she's going to fall into the water whilst your brother manically pedals away! On our final day we went for a short walk and came across a bunker and some trenches. I am fascinated by all things war related so was in my element there!

The sights do not stop at the lovely scenery, the food was also divine. Eating out is definitely one of my family's favourite things to do whilst on holiday. Of course, you can't go to Italy and not consumer multiple pizzas and ice cream now can you? Although I ate a lot of pizza I'm not an overly big lover of ice cream so didn't have too much of the stuff. Also Italian hot chocolates are on another level completely. I'm usually a tea of coffee kind of gal but on our first afternoon I was craving hot chocolate so that's what I asked for - what I received was not what I was expecting! It was SO thick, literally like melted chocolate with bits of chocolate in it... Although it was nice, it was a little too chocolately for my liking (I'm a savoury girl at heart).

So there you have it! I also posted some OOTD/N's whilst I was away so if you haven't seen them yet continue scrolling down and you'll come across them.

I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far,

Becmo
xo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the scenery is absolutely beautiful there! Looks amazing :)

    Lyndsay | Fizzy Peaches

    ReplyDelete