Wednesday 24 September 2014

#69 The 90's Lip | Review


Hello! 

Today I'm back onto one of my favourite subjects, lipsticks. Thanks to Kylie Jenner, the 90's style lip is back and I'm all for it! Although I am a fan of nude lipsticks I can't say no to a bold lip, so this new craze is perfect for me! These brown tones work as a kind of statement nude, a lip that you can easily team with a heavy eye without the possibility of looking like a drag queen. 

I was desperate to try out this new trend so took a trip to boots and spent ages browsing numerous counters until I stumbled on No.7. None of the other counters seemed to have what I was looking for, they had nudes and bolds but no in-between, which I was quite surprised about.  I was torn between both the shades pictured above so I caved in a bought both, as well as a lip pencil of course. 

My favourite of the two has to be Bare from No.7's Stay Perfect collection (the first swatch shown above). Out of the two products this one is more matte and creamy. Although I describe the finish as being 'matte' it is very moisturising and there is a slight shine to it but nothing overpowering. It has great lasting power and the shape of the bullet makes applying easy whilst helping keep the shape of the lipstick. 

The other option I chose was Wine, which is part of No.7's Moisture Drench collection. Understandably the finish is a lot shinier in this product. However, I would like to state that neither of the products have a shimmery or glittery finish, it's more moisturising and dewy. Wine has a slightly heavier red undertone in comparison to Bare but the lasting power is just as good. I'm not really sure why I don't reach for this that often as looking at it now I really like it! 

Finally I team both of these lipsticks with No.7's Precision Lip Pencil in Caramel. This shade is such a great match for both products, it also looks great on it's own if you use it to fill in your entire lips. I definitely recommend lining your entire lips before applying any lipstick as it's a great way to keep lipstick there for longer, as well as preventing the dreading liner look if lipstick fades. 

What do you think about this lip trend?

Becmo
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment