Thursday 16 August 2012

#11 France: Day 5

Helllo again

Yesterday we actually did something - yes, I am also in shock. 

Where we are staying there is a river very close by and it just so happened that this Wednesday there was to be a water jousting competition held there My family are quite lucky as where ever we end up there usually tends to be something that is going on locally whilst we are on holiday.

There was a parade held first which conveniently started just outside our apartment. We followed it through the town and to where the event was to be held. Quite a lot of people had turned up for the event and every one seemed very excited. I'd never seen water jousting before so I was intrigued by what it would be like. It was actually very entertaining, although as it went on it did get a little repetitive. 

This woman was loving life with her drum... We found it hilarious that she was pushing it along in a pram-like contraption haha! 

Doug and I watching the water jousting! 


In the evening most restaurants were full - luckily the place that we had ordered pizza from for our 'pizza party' the night before had a table and we ate there. I had this mozzarella salad for a starter and it was so delicious! I also thought that it was set out really nicely - I love going to restaurants where the food is presented nicely. 

So so yummy!

After our meal we went to watch the fireworks that were being held along the river. I've decided that I  definitely have a slight obsession with the sound of fireworks. It was weird watching them and not being kitted out with scarves and gloves! 


Overall it was a really nice day :) 

Becmo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment