Saturday 11 August 2012

#6 France: Day 1


BONJOUR! 

I have arrived at my destination (Agde, the South of France) and I already feel drained by the heat! As we managed to get the internet working, I thought that whilst I had a spare bit of time I would fill you in on the recent events in the life of Becmo! Being away I wasn't expecting to get the chance to blog that much, but if anything I think that I will in fact have more spare time!
All ready for the airport 

To begin with here are some pictures taken from at airport...

AMAZING giant biscuits myself and Doug found in Costa this morning. They were so tempting! I had to resist though as I had already been naughty and polished off THREE hash browns from McDonald's oopsie! 






I am VERY fussy when it comes to sandwiches, especially ones sold in shops. So I had to make sure that I had a snack I would enjoy on the plane as I cannot stand foreign sandwiches ew. 




Whilst at the airport we I stumbled across a pair of sunglasses in Accessorize that I really liked. Originally they were £15 which isn’t extravagant for sunglasses as some people pay hundreds for a good pair. For a girl as clumsy as me however £15 is pushing it a bit. They were in the sale though so I thought, why not? I was expecting to pay around £5 but when I got to the till they were only £3, what a bargain! 

I think that I slept through most of the flight and pretty much the whole drive to our apartment. I am still feeling soooo tired! Obviously the sun isn’t helping but in no way am I complaining, the sunshine is beautiful. 


The town that we are staying in is very traditional and really reflects French culture and architecture well. 

The front door to our apartment




Once we arrived and carried our suitcases up the tightest, windiest staircase imaginable we went out to lunch in a local cafe. We all indulged in a salad of our choosing which I have to say was delicious, and as we are on holiday we cracked out the wine. For pudding myself, my mum and my dad went for a cafe gourmand style dessert. We weren’t too sure what they pastry style dessert was but it was very very nice! My brother however had to show us all up with his mountainous coffee/ice cream combo. 



Afternoon wine


After we had eaten we went for a stroll around the local town. I really like the traditional buildings that make up Agde. I am sure that I will go a little bit crazy with the photos and take a little too many of buildings but I just can’t help myself! There are a lot of small shops dotted around too which are nice to look in. Although what I am really excited for is to go to some markets whilst we are here. I am a huge fan of markets (the jewelry stalls in particular) especially in foreign countries.

Some amazing street art on the front of a closed shop door. I REALLY like this, it think it's so pretty!
I quite like the apartment that we are staying in. It has two large doors that open out onto a balcony that overlooks the town and it is quite spacious. Although I am a little annoyed about the fact that it stated in its description that there would be a hairdryer here and there isn’t. Neither me or my mum brought one and I don’t think it’s fair on the poor people of Agde for me to brave my natural hair! 

I also feel like we have a fifth family member here in the apartment... There is a cardboard cut out of a woman in a bikini under the stairs and she keeps catching me eye and every time I mistake her for a real person! Doug keeps doing it too and it makes us jump so much! 

The scary cardboard cut out that keeps scaring the life out of me and Doug! 

I really should go and unpack but unpacking is one of those tedious things I hate doing. I quite enjoying packing but when it comes to unpacking I’m really not a fan. 

Anyway, that is all for today! I should probably have a shower and start getting ready to go out in a bit! 

Becmo xo


3 comments:

  1. The place you are staying is SO CUTE I love it <3

    And well done with the bargain sunglasses already ;)

    Miss you xxxxxx


    (you've gotten me into it - http://alicepalacee.blogspot.co.uk/ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apartment looks so traditional! What was the name and location of it? I'd love to stay there myself someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this! It's in Agde but I can't remember the EXACT location or name of it, sorry! It was opposite a town hall though (I think!) and basically at the end of a high street... If that is of any help! Haha

      Delete