Friday 10 August 2012

#5 Fieldview, packing and fast blogging

Hello lovelies! 

SO firstly Fieldview was AH-MAY-ZING. 

When we first arrived the sun was shining and we were all in good spirits, this however didn't last long. We joined the ever growing queue and shortly after it began to chuck it down. Luckily the kind people at Fieldview were handing out ponchos, so I did manage to shelter myself from the rain a little! Sadly our sleeping bags weren't so lucky and in the end myself and Natalie went home to change them haha. After the nightmare of putting the tent up in the rain etc the weather cleared up and the rest of the weekend was really good! 

My particular favourites were Kyla La Grange, Lucy Rose, Let's Buy Happiness and Josh Kumra (who I was lucky enough to meet after his set)! The atmosphere throughout the whole festival was absolutely amazing. The Cameron brothers who (along with their family) organise the event also performed in their new band. They were sooooo good and definitely deserve a lot of recognition for what they do. 

Our free (and very much needed) ponchos! 

Fancydress Friday - 'Myths and Fairytales' hence mine and Lisa's home made togas!

You can't go to a festival and not have face paint!



Let's Buy Happiness performing 

The wonderful Josh Kumra
Up close and personal with the man himself!

I am also a HUGE fan of the Fieldview wristbands. Last year they began making them out of material instead of plastic which I really liked. The design of both this year and lasts wristbands has also been very cute! They also have a quirky extra function! Last year each band had the name of a fruit printed on it. You may think, 'well this is random...' but the reason for this is that the 'game master' would come up on stage and depending on which fruit you were, determined your team for that game. This year I was a ninja (obviously the different options were linked to the theme of myths and fairytales). I like how it makes your band a bit more unique and the games help to create the friendly atmosphere that Fieldview is so known for. 
Apart from Fieldview I haven't been up to a lot really. 

I went to see Ted in the cinema with some friends and found it completely hilarious! However I didn't think that the storyline was that amazing. 

I've also been to the pub and went out last night - just generally catching up with and spending time with friends really! 

I did buy a new make up bag that I wanted to share with you all. Recently I had been using one of the bags that you get when you purchase the small body butter/body wash etc from The Body Shop to store my make up in. The problem with it was that it had holes in it. Obviously this is good when you are trying to look for something hidden away under all your cosmetics, however when some powder thinks it'd be fun to break and go everywhere it's not so great. So, I decided that I had had enough of that bag and when my friends and I went into a local town earlier I bought myself this new beauty! At £8 I thought it was pretty cheap as it is very spacious and I adore the pattern on it.


My family had been debating a holiday for ages. We always knew we wanted to go and when we wanted to go however when it came to putting the plan into action and finding somewhere to stay we weren't so on the ball. We have however managed to book (today) a holiday to the south of France so I am catching a flight in just over 4 hours and jetting off into the sun! Although I am excited, packing and making sure I have everything wasn't the funniest of experiences! I am pretty sure that I have everything I need (although being a girl I have had to distribute my things amongst other cases as well as my own) so fingers crossed I wont forget anything! I'm hoping to finish reading 50 Shades of Grey whilst away so I can let you know what I think about it. So far personally I think that it has been hyped up a bit too much, but you never know! I may get further into it and find that I've changed my mind! 

My friend Alice bought me a cute notebook back from her visit to Korea last week. SO I will be carrying that around with me ready to jot down anything I think will be suitable for me to write about on here. Hopefully I will have lots of interesting stories to tell about my time away!



I think that I might have internet in our apartment so I might be able to blog whilst I'm out there, but if not I will be back as soon as poss. 

I'm sorry if this post seems a bit rushed but I really wanted to get it done before I went away! 

I'll be back soon! 

Becmo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment