Friday 17 August 2012

#12 France: Day 6

HELLOOO

We haven't had much luck with markets yet this holiday. However today I was very impressed. There were two separate markets, one for food and one for clothes/make up/accessories/household items. Although I was more interested in the make up and accessories, I did really enjoy walking around the food market. The smells and vibrant colours were amazing, as was the atmosphere. 




I am a HUGE fan of red peppers so these GIANT peppers caught my eye at the food market!

Pretty soaps! 

The sweet stalls at markets always look amazing - sadly they are always so god damn expensive so we didn't get any. 



Whilst we were watching the water jousting yesterday I noticed that along the river you could hire kayaks. Neither my mum or dad are exactly water sports kind of people so I proceeded to convince my brother that it would be a fun thing for us to do. SO today after we visited the market we made our way to the river and hired some kayaks. At first we thought that we would have one together, however we were given separate ones. Neither of us had ever done kayaking before so we weren't too sure how it was going to work out... In the end though we both really enjoyed ourselves! It took a bit of getting to grips with at the start but we soon got the hang of it. It has been BOILING today too so it was nice to be surrounded by the water. We'll probably do it again next week. I'll try and persuade the parents (the thought of either of them in a kayak is hilarious) but I am pretty doubtful that they'll agree.




 I also got my FIRST ICE CREAM CONE of the holiday earlier. To be honest I'm not a HUGE fan of ice cream. I used to be and I do still get excited about all the flavours but I am never really in the mood to eat it. Today however I treated myself to caramel and mint chocolate chip ice cream. The caramel wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be but the mint was AMAZING. 

Although this has been written as if it happened TODAY this is in fact a LIE. I wrote it yesterday but the images were taking years and years and years to upload so I've only just managed to publish it! We are all in the midst of getting ready to go out tonight so I will try and post about today when we get back - if not it will be tomorrow :) 

Hope you are all well! 

Becmo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment