Tuesday 14 August 2012

#8 France: Day 3


Back again! 

So yesterday we had planned to go to a market in the morning. However, when we had walked up the road to where the market should have been, there was nothing there... Mum then checked to guidebook and there it was, written in ENGLISH ‘Night Market’ haha! A part of me thinks that she did it on purpose to get myself and Doug out of bed! We did go to the market later in the evening though but it wasn’t very good. I love hunting for jewelry at markets, but instead it was mainly clothes and bags that weren’t really appealing. Oh well! I think there is a bigger market on Thursday so hopefully that’ll be more successful. 

After the morning nonexistent-market mishap, I also managed to get my leg trapped in an electric sliding door which was VERY embarrassing! Luckily the rest of the day panned out a lot better! 

Next we went for a stroll along the river. To begin with we weren’t planning on walking too far, however we ended up walking along to the beach. It took us about an hour in total but it didn’t feel that long as the scenery was really nice and the weathers lovely. There was however a ridiculous amount of dog poo along the way. Every few seconds you would hear one of us shouting ‘mind the mess’. It was definitely awarded quote of the day. 







None of us were particularly feeling the walk back though so we opted for catching a boat instead. It was really nice to go along the river in the warm sunshine.



The beach was surprisingly quiet which was a pleasant surprise. I think that we are planning to venture down there again later on today. I do feel that I need to get outside a lot more if I am going to have any chance of coming home with a good tan! 



Before we caught the boat back mum and dad got an ice cream and I was overwhelmed by the selection of flavours. There was even SMURF flavour! I wasn’t really in the mood for ice cream but I cannot wait to get one soon. I am unbelievably indecisive though so I am sure that I will be there for a painfully long time debating what flavours to choose! 

Our evening meal was very very nice last night! I had Salmon to start, followed by Grilled Tuna Steak and then a Cafe Gourmand. I must admit, bar the weather, the food is definitely one of my favourite parts of going on holiday! 






That is all the news I have so far! I hope you’re all enjoying your summer as much as I am enjoying mine! 

Becmo xo




No comments:

Post a Comment