Tuesday 14 August 2012

#9 Summer Nails


Summer Nails

I personally cannot stand my nails when they aren't coated in colour. I am however, also one of those people who seem to find it very hard to prevent my nail varnish from chipping. Although this could be due to the nail varnish that I use as none that I own are particularly expensive.

I thought that as I am on holiday I would share some of my 'holiday favourites' with you.



I love it when Boots give you a free £5 voucher for No.7 products after you've made a purchase. As soon as I receive one I always go running to the No.7 counter straight to the nail varnishes. There are other No.7 products that I like, however with the voucher the nail varnish only sets you back a couple of quid so you can't really go wrong! Personally I don't think that No.7 have an amazing range of colours, but there are still many that I like to choose from.

A few months ago I picked up this No.7 nail polish called 'Crave Me 210'. It was the bright colour that immediately drew me to this polish. When it comes to fashion most of the time I tend to wear quite dull/block colours, therefore a bright nail polish can give my outfit the kick it needs to brighten it up. The colour of this polish is a mixture of both red and orange. The orangey tones are what I feel make the polish more summery than a standard red. I really love the colour of this polish and I think that it is perfect for brightening up an outfit or adding even more colour to a summery outfit. It has definitely been a polish I have made very good use of this summer.


Something that I really love about the No.7 nail varnishes is that they have reasonably large brushes. This means that when applying the polish it is easier to create even layers and a smooth finish. Furthermore, the brush also picks up a lot of product from the pot meaning that you don't need to keep dipping the brush back in over and over. On the other hand, the brush can prove to be a slight issue when it comes to touching up my nails, however overall I think it's more of a positive than negative. 


When it comes to toe nails I am not a huge fan of using lighter shades of nail varnish. I have a strong disliking for feet as it is and for me personally pastel colours are a no go. Bright colours I don't particularly have an issue with, I often paint my toe nails shades of red and pink. At the moment however I am in love with this No.7 'Damson Dream 100' shade. Although it is quite dark it has a really nice shimmery finish which catches the light really well. Therefore, in the light the colour doesn't look too wintery to sport during the summer. I would definitely recommend this colour as I think that it is a shade that can almost be used all year round - so it's definitely worth your money (especially if you have a No.7 voucher)! 


Finally this is another combination that I often opt for when the sun is shining! The green is 'Mint Green' from BarryM and the glitter is simply called 'Glitter Top Coat' by No.17. Neither of these nail varnishes are expensive at all but the end result is really pretty. I love the green even when it is on its own, but I think that the glitter gives a really good finish. Using a glitter top coat also helps to prevent the nails from chipping as much (which is a definite bonus for me)! However, when the nails do chip it's a lot harder to be lazy and simply fill in the gaps. Obviously if you wanted to change it a bit you could use a different glitter top coat (I really want to try it with a glitter polish which has chunkier pieces of glitter within it). Personally I think that this combination would look nice if any pastel colour was used. I'd like to try it with a pale violet in particular so maybe I will do that when I am back home. 

I hope that you have found this interesting and that it has inspired you all to go and paint your nails! We are (as my brother has decided to call it) having a 'pizza party' tonight - basically meaning we are ordering in pizza and having a night in. So I'm going to take advantage of being in to pamper myself a little bit; re-doing my nails, slapping on some body butter and all that. 

I hope you all have a lovely evening! 

Becmo xo




No comments:

Post a Comment