Monday 6 August 2012

#4 Skin Care

Skin Care

Much to my disappointment I am not one of those people who have naturally clear skin. I suffer a lot from constant blemishes however, when it comes to spots they are either realllly bad or I just have the occasional biggish one (or two).

I have tried different creams and treatments in the past but nothing seems to make much difference. I definitely think that I should get into the habit of drinking a lot more water as that would hopefully help my skin look more refreshed. So, drinking more water and less rubbishy drinks is on my list of 'habits to get into'. Next on the list is to get into a routine and stick to it so that I can actually see if the products that I am using are making a difference or not (obviously if they aren't the routine can be adapted).

I have been using Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating face wash and their Exfoliating face scrub religiously (bar this weekend as I was at Fieldview so I didn't do it before I went to sleep) every morning/night for the past two weeks. I have used the Blackhead Eliminating face wash in the past however it was never in a solid routine so I am not too sure of the effect it had on my skin. I must admit, when I have used it I have found that it leaves my skin feeling very refreshed. The micro-beads in the product are gentle on your skin but not too much so that they don't feel like they are doing anything. The smell is also really light and refreshing. The Exfoliating face scrub is a newbie to me though. I have liked it so far as I feel that it cleans my face well without feeling too gritty on the skin.



Whilst in Bodycare last week I also picked up Simple Soothing Facial Toner and Nivea Visage Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream. I don't usually use a toner on my skin so I am interested to see if it makes much of a difference to my skin (I am hoping that it will!). So far I have found that using a toner makes my skin feel very fresh and ensures me that my make up has all been removed in the earlier stages of my routine. With this toner I squirt a small amount of the product onto cotton wool and wipe it over my entire face after using the Neutrogena products. Prior to recently I haven't been too bothered about the products that I use on my face and so have settled with Boot's own moisturiser so I thought it was about time I tried something new. I have quite oily skin and therefore I opted for an oil free moisturiser. I wouldn't say that the liquid is thick, however it isn't very runny either. You don't need to put a lot on in order to cover your face and neck which is always good as it means a product will last longer. There is a slight scent to the cream however it is not overpowering, if anything it simply makes it feel more feminine. (Although this does not make a difference to the product itself) I also really like the packaging that it comes in. The fact that it is in a box makes it feel more expensive.



So far I haven't seen any HUGE differences to my skin. However the fact that I have been to Fieldview, had a lack of sleep, eaten AWFULLY and consumed a little too much alcohol could be contributing heavily to the state of my skin.

Now that this weekend is out of the way I am going to go on a little detox and get more sleep/drink a lot more water and see if that makes any difference. As soon as I have rested my body a bit and have stuck with this routine for a bit longer I will report back with (if any) any good/bad changes to my skin.

Fingers crossed I will have perfect skin in no time (a girl can dream right?)!

Becmo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment